An instrument to trade – the CFD
Why trade CFD’s?
- Because CFD’s is a leveraged product, you have greater exposure to the market with a smaller amount of capital
- CFD’s can be traded long or short, thereby profiting off rising or falling markets
- Stop orders and take profit orders can be used when trading CFD’s which helps you manage your risk/profits
- You can stay in a CFD trade for as long as you wish as there is no expiry date
- Usually you benefit from dividend payments (at the discretion of the brokerage)
- If a trader holds a long CFD on a stock during a dividend payment period, they will receive payment for that dividend on the ex-dividend date, from the brokerage company
- If a trader holds a short position on a stock, they will be charged for the dividend on the ex-dividend date
- As CFD’s are leveraged, both profits and losses are magnified
- You pay interest (swaps) for each day you hold the share overnight. Trading CFD’s is therefore not recommended for long term traders
- You do not own the share, therefore you have no voting rights
Many people enjoy the leverage that trading a CFD offers. The capital outlay is less and the rewards amplified. If you know the risk involved and manage this risk, trading CFD’s can be very rewarding.
Module: Instruments to Trade
How exciting is it to welcome our clients from Australia, Togo, Saudi Arabia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Botswana!
With our ability to teach online, we are able to reach people who are serious about learning to trade the financial markets. Remember that our Live Chat Facility on both the SMC and QuickTrade website is manned from 8 am – 10 pm Monday to Friday. (Markets are closed on weekends)
A guideline to follow to make your trading journey both exciting and successful.
Sihle will be running the QuickTrade trading room next week Monday to Friday from 09:30 to 13:00 AND 18:00 – 19:00. Join him and advance your trading skills with Zoom, ID 6938111101
Classes run in the evenings and Saturday mornings
Zoom ID’s will no longer be sent to students, going forward students will only be able to access a class via the LMS.
QuickTrade Trading Mentors Details
|Mobile: 061 529 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mobile: 061 520 email@example.com|
|Mobile: 061 510 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mobile: 061 511 email@example.com|
|Mobile: 061 501 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mobile: 061 507 email@example.com|
|Zander Van Der Merwe:
|Mobile: 645 086 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sydney Maidza (Botswana):
|Mobile: +267 77 559 email@example.com|
What our students say
”Thank you for the info that you share with us while teaching. Your classes are so amazing, the energy, mindblowing info that forces us to think out of the box and to actually care about what’s happening out there, it’s truly amazing! This info is truly helping me to be able to set my trades right as I am still working on it but ay it’s much clearer now, and am from next week I’ll start to analyse 1 pair a day!! I am a science person but your classes have made me love Economics. Wishing you all the best as you go up the financial ladder to fulfill your dreams.“
”I just wanted to send my reviews with regards to our forex classes… I’ve never found education so fun and yet very educational ,I give all the credits to you. My trading is no longer the same …I also like how detailed you always are…Keep it up my guy. Im looking forward to the tech analysis class tonight.“